[cvsnt] Crash using Builds 62/63

Juanma Barranquero lektu at terra.es
Thu Dec 19 11:33:32 GMT 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:42:08 GMT, tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) wrote:

> If cvsservice is crashing (which is an extremely simple app - it just
> grabs a connection and spawns an executable) then it's 99% certain
> that something external is affecting it.

cvsservice crashes, that's for sure. After the error, it is no longer
running :)

I've been using windbg and, as expected, the crash seems caused by a DLL
from McAfee (CsLsp.DLL). For what I gather, CsLsp.DLL is related to
sockets, and has caused CVSNT troubles before. See the thread "Crash on
socket connect":

http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2002-September/003552.html

AFAICS, there's no way to tell VirusScan to leave that service alone :(

> If you can't uninstall your AV can you upgrade/downgrade it to see if
> the behaviour changes?

It's up to date. Downgrading McAfee is a painful process (I know, I did
it recently) and I would prefer not to be forced.

So I imagine for the time being I'll have to make do without a CVSNT
server on my machine.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u