[cvsnt] Re: loginfo is "broken" in build 62

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 19 12:23:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:00:31 -0800, "Terris Linenbach"
<terris at terris.com> wrote:

>My point was that existing scripts are broken, except for yours and any
>other script that was written specifically to handle cvsnt build 62 and
>later.  If such a change was made to loginfo, which surely more people use
>compared taginfo, there will be a lot of sore toes.

I haven't changed the logging script here for months and it's working
fine.  Also the script that feeds cvsnt-commits is the same as the one
that comes with Unix CVS.

I'm not changing loginfo to make it work like taginfo as it'll be a
lot of hard work to rewrite everything.  Taginfo was broken, which
justified the change (I suspect even Unix would have given up after a
few thousand files).