[cvsnt] `state' not in the expected place

Trond Kvarenes trond at logit-systems.com
Fri Dec 20 08:44:40 GMT 2002

When we commit changes from a particular computer (using vpn via a ISDN
connection) to the CVS server things looks ok until someone tries to do any
work on the file from any other computer. We are using the ntserver
protocol.
The error message we get is:
cvs [server aborted]: unable to parse e:/CVS/development/MyFile.java,v;
`state' not in the expected place.

I have read something about a bug if the commit for some reason don't get to
finnish, the roleback might fail in some cases, but when the user commits
the file, everything seams to go ok.
I tried to move the file to the attic folder but the error was the same.

Can anyone point out how to fix the "corrupted" files and how to avoid this
problem. The clients are winCVS 1.3b8

/Trond