[cvsnt] pserver login not working any more ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Dec 23 20:23:51 GMT 2002

David Nexen wrote:

>> I have norton, I remenver that it s doesnt do anything in my previous
> install.
> I have the icf/ics (internet connection firewall and sharing) service
> running on my xp.
> Perhaps i have to add the cvs ports ?
> I only need cvs on lan, i wouldn' t any internet user to steal my cvs
> files !
> What can i do ?

ICS shouldn't make any difference here.  Not sure what ICF is I think that's
XP only, although if you can connect I'd expect it to work - what do you
get if you telnet to port 2401?

Unless your copy of Norton is an old one (in which case it would be pretty
useless anyway as it needs to be kept up to date) then it should be OK.