[cvsnt] pserver login not working any more ?

David Nexen php4 at nexenservices.com
Mon Dec 23 22:56:55 GMT 2002

> If you hit return it should print 'bad auth protocol start' then exit.
>
> The initial connect comes from cvsservice, and the error message comes
> from cvs.exe... if you get both then they're at least communicating.

Nothing !

> > I make an error, in fact i haven't norton installed, it was installed in
my
> > I have no anti-virus for the moment !
> > I try to change the attribute "real only" in my cvs repo dir, but
niothing
> > change.
>
> If you're getting the -1 error it's more fundamental than that (probably).

Nothing = probably -1 ?

> Another thing to do is to shut the service down on the server and run
> 'cvsservice -test', then connect and see what gets printed.

ok see what i have :
it seems to be a handle pb as you say :

C:\Documents and Settings\david>cvsservice -test
CVS 1.11.1.3 (Build 63) (Dec 17 2002) starting in test mode.
Repository prefix set to C:/cvs
Adding repository C:/cvs/depot
TEMP/TMP currently set to C:\cvstemp
Initialising socket...ok
Impersonation is enabled
Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
Socket Failed (Handle=ffffffff Family=23,Socktype=1,Protocol=6): * Une
adresse incompatible avec le protocole demandÚ a ÚtÚ utilisÚe.  (not fatal)
Starting named pipe server...
CVS initialised successfully

I translate * from french to english :
An inconciliable address for the asked protocol has been used ?

Pretty thanks > Tony