[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Can't work with Eclipse?

BHarriger bharriger-removethis at spam-me-not.austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 26 13:14:14 GMT 2002

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:21:35 +0800, Raymond Zhang wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm using CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (build 63) and eclipse M4 (i tried M3 too).  I have
> configured
> the CVS server as follows:
>:pserver:test at localhost:D/test_repository/testroot

> Eclipse can establish the connection and authenticate the use "test".  But
> once I double clicked on "HEAD" in CVS Repository view, the server responded
> "cvs [server aborted]: cannot find .: No such file or directory

> After tracing by TCP Spy, I find eclipse is actually doing a "cvs update -d
> ." first before "cvs co -c" to retrieve the modules.  And the behavior of
> cvsNT is "cvs update -d ." will always failed with the above error message.

> I tried typing command "cvs update -d ." in my command, I see the same error
> message;

> My question is:
> 1.  Is that error message a desired way for cvsnt to respondto "cvs
> update -d ." command or is that a bug?
> 2. Is there any way to work around this?

> Thanks in advance!

> Thanks

> Raymond Zhang

I use CVSNT with Eclipse/WSAD just fine.  Granted, the CVS plugin in
Eclipse isn't that great (doesn't properly show branches, for example), it
works fine for simple operations on the head stream.  I simply use another
client for more advanced uses.  (Such as tagging and branching)

Get rid of your repository prefix and all should be well.  When you connect
your connection string should look like this:
:pserver:test at localhost:D:/test_repository/testroot
where your repository is physically stored on the D: drive of the CVS host
server and is the directory/subdirectory /test_repository/testroot.

HTH,
Brian