[cvsnt] Re: access is denied?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Dec 28 15:55:06 GMT 2002

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 10:44:02 -0500, "Robert Blanton"
<blantonre at earthlink.net> wrote:

>Does anyone have a solution to this error from error.log:
>Access is denied.  : couldn't spawn child process: D:/Program Files/Apache
>Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi
>
>My apache server is running and when I enter the url
>http://localhost:80/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi I get an internal server error.
>Several people have responded but as of yet nothing is working.  I've read
>the help docs, etc., including scouring the cvsnt website (and the devguy's
>site) but can't find an answer to this.  Am I the only one with this
>problem?

Probably yes... ;-)

But I note one thing that I think is really something to check out:
You have put the cvsweb.cgi on a long path which *includes* spaces.
This is known to have ill side effects, and in this case you also need
Perl, which you might also have instelled to such a path..

I would recommend to put your website files on a path without spaces
and also to install perl to c:\perl or c:\programs\perl, then test
again.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)