[Cvsnt] Latest Updates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 19 23:52:36 GMT 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:10:29 +0000 (UTC), Tony Hoyle
<tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I was thinking about the ls command a bit. As it is implemented now I guess
>> that it actually lists the physical files in the directory structure in the
>> repository?
>> But what about modules defined in the modules file?
>> I have experimented a bit with the modules file to make it possible to check
>> out a new module that actually consists of parts of existing modules (common
>> files and the like). This is done with various definitions in the modules file.
>>
>It comes off the CVS Modules database, which should be quite similar to
>the stuff in the
>modules file.  It's exactly the same data as checkout uses, so it should
>be right/
>
>Tony

It looks like this for me:
If I use "cvs ls" I get the top level physical directories only
If I use "cvs ls -R StingRec" I get the contents of StingRec drilled
down all the way.

StingRec is defined thus in the modules file:
FineFiles BosseTest/Nisse nissedoc.txt CopyofBosse.txt
StingRec &ModuleXX/Source &ModuleYY/CommonFiles &FineFiles

(Purely as experimentation of course)

But the bottom line is:
How can I list the modules FineFiles and StingRec using the cvs ls
command???

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)