[Cvsnt] CVSNT + WinCVS --> Windows 2000 + IIS

Bo Berglund bosse at agiusa.com
Tue Feb 5 19:14:48 GMT 2002

Jean-Marc,
the developers of both WinCvs and CVS-NT are doing their work on their spare
time.
Others are contributing by doing beta testing and other such things. All in
all
nobody gets any money out of all this, so please have this in mind when you
put
judgement on the "product". It is no ordinary product, it is a co-operative
project
to bring out a few programs that can compete favourably with the Microsoft
offering
even though MS can spend millions of dollars to devlop their program.

And you indicate some connection between WinCvs and CVS-NT, but these
programs are
developed by completely different people, who do communicate but are still
separate
groups. So you would not expect a setup to contain both products, also note
that the
WinCvs program is a *client* to a CVS server, which can be a Solaris, Unix,
Linux or
for that matter an NT box. CVS-NT is only one of these server programs...

I have used CVS (WinCvs 1.2 + CVSNT 1.10.8) for about a year quite
successfully and
we are now between 7 and 10 developers on that server. Only minor problems
and never
a single bit lost to the server. I don't think you can say the same for
VSS...

One idea for a new public project might be a good installer for all that is
needed
for WinCvs and CVS-NT plus an up to date documentation suite.
But someone must volunteer...

/Bo