[Cvsnt] Compiling cvsnt

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Mon Feb 4 14:56:45 GMT 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:23:14 +0000 (UTC), Peter Gordon
<peter at valor.com> wrote:

>I have a team here who want to use strict locking with CVS. In the
>cvs.exe distributed with WinCVS
>cvs admin -l is disabled and I want to re-enable it.

That probably won't help you.  admin -l doesn't implement a useful
form of strict locking anyway -  Use edit -c, which at least tries to
check to see if other people are editing the file.  CVS doesn't
support strict locking in any real sense - there is nothing to stop
someone editing a 'locked' file, and they won't know it's locked until
they try to check it in - by which time it's too late.

>I have taken the source for cvs_1.11.1NT and when trying to compile I
>get an error:
>
>NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
>'".\windows-NT\startserver.c"'
>
>The file .\windows-NT\startserver.c indeed does not exist.
>
>What do I need to do to compile?

You're probably trying to use the old make files - They're completely
out of date (In fact I'd better delete them just in case someone tries
to use them again).

You need:

VC6 + SP5.
Platform SDK (recent).