[Cvsnt] transmitting TMP path to clients

Jens Scheidtmann scheidtm at mx.uni-saarland.de
Tue Feb 5 15:06:42 GMT 2002

Hallo all,

I have got difficulties with temporary directories:

On server1 in the control panel for cvsnt, there is a directory choosen
which exists on the server only.

On server2 there is a directory choosen, which exists on both client and
server.

When I now use WinCVS to checkout a module from server1, the temporary
directory is transmitted to the client (where it does not exist), and
the client stops with a "can't create temporary directory" message
(which explicitly names a path on the server).

When I direct the client to server2, everything works fine.

Changing the Temp Path on server2 to a directory not existing on the
client I can reproduce the problem I have with server1.

The environment on the client sets TEMP, TMP and TMPDIR variables to an
existing directory on the client computer.

Is this an issue with WinCVS's client?
And why in the first place is the temporary directory path transmitted?
Can cvsnt transmit a path or variable which makes the clients use an
environment variable (e.g. "%systemroot%\temp")?

TIA,

Jens
--
Universität des Saarlandes