[Cvsnt] File permission after committing

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 7 18:12:40 GMT 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:39:00 +0000 (UTC), "Lear Ton"
<please at nospamthankyouverymuch.com> wrote:

>Should the files in the working directory get their permissions set to
>read-only after a "cvs import" or "cvs commit" ? Just want to make sure my
>installation is correct.
>
>After a cvs import to import my sources, do I need to do a commit as well?

1) Import is done from a directory that i NOT a working directory.
2) All import does is send the files to CVS
3) To start working on them you have to *check out* the imported
module from CVS
4) This creates a working file set in your "sandbox"
5) You cannot check out on top of your original source dir, you must
rename it to something else first.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)