[Cvsnt] CVS Release and Beta

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Feb 13 09:59:16 GMT 2002

Jeff Kohn wrote:

> Are any of you that are having problems using a dual-processor box? I found
> that I couldn't get CVSNT to run reliably on my dual PIII Win2K Server; it
> was constantly bringning down the whole machine, apparently when more than
> one user connected at the same time. Moving CVSNT to my XP workstation
> solved the problem, but that's not really a viable long-term solution. I had
> this problem with both the latest stable release and the latest beta.

It's developed and tested on dual processor boxes (w/ 35 developers
hitting it constantly).  There isn't anything in there that could bring
down a machine... it's all userspace stuff w/ calls to the C library
etc.  The worst it could do probably is go 100% CPU on one of the
processors (it's never actually done that, though).