[Cvsnt] I am not sure if this is cvs related but

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 12 22:52:33 GMT 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:56:45 +0000 (UTC), "Eugene Kovelman"
<EKovelman at mws.com> wrote:

>I created a sandbox on my c drive  c:\sandbox,  then I ran  SUBST v: =
>c:\sandbox, switched to v: and executed   cvs co .
>
>I got the following
>
>V:\>cvs co .
>cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or =
>directory
>cvs [checkout aborted]: no repository
>
>BUT when I change directory to c:\sandbox and execute the same statement =
>everything works, I get the source from cvs, what's the deal ?=20

Looks like there is a problem checking out the top level module (.) to
a sandbox that is actually a drive letter only.
If a normal module is checked out there is no such problem.
I checked both ways and it looks like there is a "problem".
Maybe CVSNT has a problem creating the CVS subdirectory on a drive
letter?

Tony, any ideas?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)