[Cvsnt] Problems with WinCVS since CVSNT v.1.11.1.2

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Feb 16 20:32:37 GMT 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:36:34 +0000 (UTC), bo.berglund at telia.com (Bo
Berglund) wrote:

>I have a hunch that maybe if you also copy over the protocol specific
>dll:s from the CVSNT installation to WinCvs directory it might work
>better (have not tried it myself though since my setup works like it
>should right out of the box....).
>

>/Bo

Sorry about that bad advice, I did a quick test by replacing the
cvs.exe in WinCvs1.3 with the latest cvs.exe from CVSNT including
copying over the protocl dll:s. No success! This is what I got on the
status I did towards my local server:

cvs -z9 status -v (in directory C:\Engineering\TEST\ModuleXX\)
cvs [status aborted]: the :ntserver: access method is not supported by
this port of CVS
*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Hmm, what could be the problem here??

/Bo