[Cvsnt] Problems with WinCVS since CVSNT v.1.11.1.2

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Feb 16 22:49:47 GMT 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:14:44 +0000 (UTC), Tony Hoyle
<tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>

>Unless WinCVS is launching CVS in a bizarre way I've no idea.  I'll have
>to install a recent WinCVS to find out (the latest I have is beta 4
>which works).
>
>Tony

To be absolutely sure I did the following:
- updated my cvsnt sandbox and built cvsnt new
  (found the recursion flag for ls working, thanks Tony!)
- updated my cvsgui sandbox and built wincvs new
- replaced the cvs.exe and all dll:s in my local cvsnt server
  with the new cvsnt files
- checked that WinCvs still operates correctly
- replaced the cvs.exe file in the WinCvs directory with the
  cvsnt version. Also copied in all the protocol dll:s
- checked operation of WinCvs. Does not work...
I am getting the error message still:
":ntserver: access method is not supported by this port of CVS"

I am probably missing some important component of WinCvs, the
installed version is the one released in october 2001. I ran the setup
for that, but then I just replace the exe files in the directory after
I recompile the module. Maybe there is something else thta also needs
to be done?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)