[Cvsnt] SSPI

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 19 11:49:33 GMT 2002

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Brian Smith wrote:
>
> At the moment it's just NTLM.  It would require a bit more work to make
> it use kerberos (and you would lose NT4 and Win98 compatibility) but in
> theory it's possible.  Without a compelling reason to break NT4 though
> I'll probably not change it for a while.

You could theoretically support both NTLM and Kerberos. At our
installation we don't want to use NTLM at all. We want all NTLM logins
to fail and all Kerberos logins to succeed. Although, maybe it won't be
an issue if GSSAPI works okay, since we could then just use it and
disable SSPI and NTSERVER altogether.

- Brian