[Cvsnt] Please assist..! "Setting Path failed. Path to cvs.exe must be manually added"

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 19 23:43:42 GMT 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:48:39 +0000 (UTC), Jtools - JC
<jtools at ca.ibm.com> wrote:

>I am getting error msg when I trying to install cvs both beta and
>1.11.1.2 and 1.11.1.3 beta
>After copying all the file I got
>
>"Setting Path failed.  Path to cvs.exe must be manually added"
>
>I have Window 2000 Professional.
>1.3gig, 1.0gig Ram
>Thanks

How about that! With so small a disk and so much RAM you will probably
only have disk space enough for the swap file... :-)

But that aside:
First: You must be an administrator to set up CVSNT on your W2000
machine, but I assume that you are....

ControlPanel/System/Advanced/EnvironmentVariables/SystemVariables

Locate the PATH variable, click Edit. Then scan the existing path in
the stupidly small window to see if you have an entry for the CVSNT
directory. If not then add it at the beginning with a ; afterwards.
OK.
Then have a look at the TEMP and TMP variables. If they are set to the
same directory and this is outside of the C:\WINNT dir then you are
probably OK. Otherwise please create a temp dir like C:\TEMP and set
the two variables to point at this.
OK out all the way.
Make sure that the TEMP directory is accessible with full control for
everybody.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)