[Cvsnt] cvsnt server with SSH

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Feb 20 16:56:46 GMT 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:12:25 +0000 (UTC), Geoffroy Fauveaux
<geoffroy at fauveaux.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Has someone already install cvs server on windows and made the authentification via ssh?
>Is this config possible?

To work with cvsnt the ssh server (or shell it invokes) would need to
be patched so it executed the 'cvs server' command in binary mode.
This is required by the CVS protocol - it isn't an issue on Unix as
there isn't a problem with CR/LF.

Unfortunately there's no way for cvsnt to change the mode of the input
stream after it's invoked - it can only be changed by the application
that opens it (I looked for ways around it but it makes sense
really...).

If you use chgwin sshd to call the cygwin cvs it does appear to use a
binary stream so I assume it's autodetecting somewhere...  it probably
switches it on when executing cygwin apps (so they work like unix).