[Cvsnt] cvsnt Linux version

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Feb 25 14:43:35 GMT 2002

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote in message
news:3c7a2d2c.436034765 at tony-home...
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:30:39 +0000 (UTC), "Anthony Williams"
> <anthwil at nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
>

> >Next, protocols/common.c uses struct addrinfo and the getaddrinfo
function,
> >which is Windows-specific. I am therfore surprised it works on Linux.
> >Anyway, this is not a two-minute fix, so I'll leave it to you....
> >
> The other stuff is fixable.   I presume you have an old version of
> solaris, though, as getaddrinfo is standard (and required for ipv6
> suport).  Windows was actually quite late implementing it - the
> reference implementation is BSD.
>
> AFAIK it's supported under solaris 2.8 and above.

Aha. I am using Solaris 2.7. Any chance of support?

I didn't know it was standard --- my MSDN docs say "This is a
Microsoft-specific extension to Windows sockets"! However, if I hunt around
(as I just did), then it does say it was added "to provide IPv6
compatibility".

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Engineer, Nortel Networks Optical Components Ltd