[Cvsnt] cvsnt Linux version

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Feb 26 10:27:25 GMT 2002

configure reports "library with zlibVersion ..... no" or similar (i.e. no
zlib)

However, zlib.c _still_ fails to find zlib.h, as the cvsnt/zlib directory is
not on the include path --- the WITH_ZLIB_TRUE lines from src/Makefile.in
are expanded rather than the WITH_ZLIB_FALSE lines.

The problem is the test "$ac_cv_have_zlib"="yes" --- you need a space around
the = otherwise it always returns true.

However, now we "don't know how to make ../zlib/libz.a" after building
everything in src --- the solution is the put ZLIB_SUBDIR at the start of
the SUBDIRS list.

Also, fake-socket.h needs to include sys/socket.h (for sockaddr), and the
getaddrinfo filenames use hyphens not underscores (e.g. fake-getaddrinfo.c,
not fake_getaddrinfo.c), and it is fake-getnameinfo.c, not fake_nameinfo.c
(protocols/Makefile.in)

Finally, the Solaris 2.7 GSSAPI support seems to be the wrong version, or
something. Configuring "--without-gssapi" seems to be OK, but then doesn't
support gserver (surprise!)

Anthony