[Cvsnt] cvsnt Linux version

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Thu Feb 28 14:47:27 GMT 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:27:37 +0000 (UTC), "Anthony Williams"
<anthwil at nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

>Note that the MSDN docs say that getaddrinfo could return a socktype of 0,
>which means "accepts any socket type", so you really ought to handle this in
>common.c, to choose a socket type in such cases.

It can, but the input in the hint parameter should limit the output
parameter.  Since I specifically request data for a SOCK_STREAM socket
via hints it'll always return this as output (so reading it out of the
returned addrinfo struct is probably redundant).