[Cvsnt] determining tag of module

Zeno Lee Zeno.Lee at TradeWeb.com
Fri Feb 22 17:15:31 GMT 2002

Can someone explain how the tag file in CVS\tag works?
For example, if I have a tag called BRANCH_2 the tag file contains a line
with the entry:
TBRANCH_2 or NBRANCH_2 or just BRANCH_2

What do those mean?

I'm writing a script that needs to determine the module's tag if any, and
the prefix character is messing me up.

-----Original Message-----
From: DrouetL at ldnegoce.com [mailto:DrouetL at ldnegoce.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 4:45 AM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
Subject: [Cvsnt] unable to commit

Hi

I've tagged all my module files with the STABLE_20FEB02 tag

rev/tag : STABLE_20FEB02

Now in my Wincvs window I've all my files with the good tag name.

I modify locally one of the files and when I try to commit I receive the
following error message :

cvs commit -m "test avec phpinfo" PHPINFO.PHP (in directory D:
\htdocs\ican\)
cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

The only way I found to be able to commit the mod file is to make an update
reseting any sticky tag options  :
cvs update -A PHPINFO.PHP (in directory D:\htdocs\ican\)

Is this normal ? is there an other way to do so ?

Laurent