[Cvsnt] Installing and Starting Service: Service is in invalid state

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Mon Feb 25 08:56:45 GMT 2002

The problem is caused when the service cannot find any Repository<N>
entries in the registry. For example, if you press "install" and then
"start" without having any repositories defined. Also, I think pressing
"install", then adding a repository, and then pressing "start" (without
pressing "apply" or closing the control panel extension) will cause this
error.

I think that the service should fail to start up more gracefully when
there are no repositories defined.

- Brian