[Cvsnt] gserver impersonation

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Thu Feb 28 01:51:22 GMT 2002

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:37:38 +0000 (UTC), Brian Smith
> <brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu> wrote:
>
> name...  I'm not keen on putting any kind of mapping in the registry
> because it would require that the client is configured in some way -
> the client side currently works OK without any extra configuration...
> you can copy the cvs.exe and any protocol dlls you need & just start
> working.
>
> A text config file might work...  something like:
>
> [gserver]
> ;protocol_dll = sspi_protocol.dll
> protocol_dll = gserver_protocol.dll
> ident_string = BEGIN GSSAPI

Sure, that would work. However, I will just note that on Windows the
distributing a .REG file is almost as easy and might be better for
centrally-managed installations.

> It also removes the need for an extra flag

Sure, but I'm going to leave the flag in there for no so I don't have to
implement the whole DLL mapping thing. That can be done later.

> Can you verify that your changes to sspi are compatible with the
> current CVS tree?  I really don't want to change the sspi protocol
> again... rc2 is planned for either friday or monday & that should be
> the last one before release.

Unfortunately, testing with the current CVS tree still requires me to
merge my changes with yours because you added the negotiation stuff. I
will try to do the merge and then I'll send you a patch and we can both
test it out.

By the way, when 1.11.1.3 is released, will you please create a branch
for maintanance (bug-fixing only) purposes?

Thanks,
Brian