[Cvsnt] Possible to make control panel applet network aware?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Tue Feb 26 20:56:36 GMT 2002

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I was just wondering if the control panel applet could be made to
> connect to the CVSNT server via the network?
> I have several installations with the CVSNT server in a "closet"
> basically rather inaccessible and it would be nice to be able to
> manage the CVSNT server from a workstation instead of having to go to
> the server in person.
> Some of the MS applets do have the option of selecting a remote
> computer for management, maybe the same could be done for the cvsnt
> control panel applet??

Such a thing would be almost impossible - you'd have to handle things like
remote manipulation of registries and services.  MS can do it because
they have the source code :-)

I've thought of a remote user admin program (just calling cvsnt commands
to do its work, basically) but that's in the future.