[Cvsnt] Error when using shared network drive for the CVS-repository

Bernhard Berbuir Bernhard.Berbuir at sis-west.de
Thu Feb 28 16:17:38 GMT 2002

Hi,
I've just started using CVS for NT. During setting up a CVS environment. I got
the following error:

authorization failed: server <servername> rejected access to <cvsroot> for user
      <username>

my configuration:
=================
client <-- pserver --> server <-- mounted drive --> shared LAN Drive

- Client Windows NT 4.0 SP6 with WinCVS 1.3.7.1 Beta 7 (Build 1)
- Server Windows NT 4.0 SP6 with CVS 1.11.1.3
- network drive for the CVSROOT-Directory is mounted with net use ... on the
server
- protocol: pserver (this protocol is required by serveral other tools)

- I'm using ntservice on the server with a dedicated userid, which has full NTFS
permissions on the LAN directory CVSROOT and all subdirectories
- tests with a system-user instead of a dedicated userid failed too

- passwd in directory CVSROOT\cvsroot with the intended users, authentification
with domain password (<userid>:!<domain>)

Same configuration with a local repository works fine.

I could not find any information about using network drives for repository.

 Any suggestions are welcomed.

Bernhard

          Bernhard Berbuir
          Entwicklungsservices SW-Komponenten - 6122 (K010)

          Tel.: 02203/5039-3724
          Fax: 02203/5039-933724

          Sparkassen Informatik GmbH & Co. KG
          Edmund-Rumpler-Straße 6c