[Cvsnt] Newbie: How to read history. Login hangs for 1 person

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jan 4 00:02:30 GMT 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:26:53 +0000 (UTC), "Bishop, Murray"
<murray.bishop at acnielsen.com.au> wrote:

>> regarding the history file I also wonder about the exact format of the
>> timestamps. Can't find anything in Karl Fogels otherwise very good
>> book (Open Source Development with CVS)...
>>
>From the manual
>http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_18.html#SEC175

..where it actually spells out:

"The file format of the `history' file is documented only in comments
in the CVS source code, but generally programs should use the cvs
history command to access it anyway, in case the format changes with
future releases of CVS."

So there you are, reverse engineering is what we can do...