[Cvsnt] Permission problems on NT 4.0 server

Richard Farthing keynet at london.com
Mon Jan 7 16:34:30 GMT 2002

No that works for me - no password files on the client.  Though
I admit I am still using build 27 of CVSNT, as a couple of later
builds I tested had other problems (like "annotate" broken).
These may well be fixed now, but as this version works well for
me, I take the view that it ain't broke, so I'm not going to fix
it!

Try the older release of CVSNT,

rgds
Richard

> Thank you for your quick answer.
> The user for testing my solution with pserver belongs to the
admin group on the cvsnt server and has full rights on all
directories
> Do I need to configure some passwd file on the server or on
the client ?

> Regards
>

> "Richard Farthing" <keynet at london.com> on 07/01/2002 15:04:49
>

>   To:          Laurent CALVEZ/FR/ALCATEL at ALCATEL
>
>   cc:
>

>   Subject      Re: [Cvsnt] Permission problems on NT 4.0
>   :            server
>

> My solution is to alias all users to a user that is a server
> operator or admin, so the passwd file contains
> username:<pwd>:serveropname.  I have similar grief otherwise,
or
> if I alias to a user with fewer permissions.  Hope this helps!
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have cvsnt version 1.11.1.2 running on a NT 4.0 SP6
server,
> and I
> > followed the instructions: Modify
> \winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services
> > for opening port 2401 for tcp and udp, Add Repository0 to
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, reboot the server and check CVS service
is
> > started. I've checked the variables TEMP and TMP which are
set
> > C:\TEMP From the wincvs client vers 1.2, when I try to
connect