Re.: [Cvsnt] cvswrappers file?

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Wed Jan 9 10:14:32 GMT 2002

Hi Ted

Firtst: the line in the cvswrappers file should read *.doc -k 'b' (which is
a little different from *.doc -kb)

I once had a problem with cvswrappers because I used CVS to update the file
(as recommended) - and that did not work for me! When I committed the
changed cvswrappers file CVS did NOT update the "real" cvswrappers in
CVSROOT. So I reverted to editing the cvswrappers file directly in the
repository, and all worked fine from then on.

I am using WinCvs 1.2, CVSNT 1.10.8, ntserver protocol, and my repository
is on a network-share apart from the CVS-servermachine.

Regards

Jørgen Møller Larsen, KMF
Nykredit Data
email: jml at nykredit.dk
Tlf. direkte 96 35 50 69

                    "Ted Neward"
                    <tneward at java        Til:    "CVSNT List" <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
                    geeks.com>           cc:
                    Sendt af:            Vedr.:  [Cvsnt] cvswrappers file?
                    cvsnt-admin at c
                    vsnt.org

                    2002-01-09
                    08:12
                    Besvar
                    venligst til
                    "Ted Neward"

CVS 1.10.8 on Win2k

I thought that if I had a line like

*.doc -kb

in my cvswrappers file in CVSROOT, any *.doc file would automatically be
entered as binary, without having to use "-kb" at the cvs add command; is
this not the case?

Ted Neward
{.NET || Java} Course Author & Instructor, DevelopMentor
(http://www.develop.com)
http://www.javageeks.com/tneward