[Cvsnt] Having a bad cvs day....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jan 9 20:14:38 GMT 2002

1. How to get rid of the module altogether?
You have to have physical access to the repository directory itself.
Locate the subdir app01 and delete it complete with its
subdirectories. Also delete any sandbox you may have on this module.
Now it is gone forever and you can start over.
You cannot do this from the CVS client using cvs commands because it
is against the nature of CVS....

2. Adding directories to an existing module
In the sandbox for this module create the directory and populate it
with files. Then in WinCvs select the directory in the right panel and
click the add button. Next do a commit! This will create the directory
on the server and the CVS subdir with admin files in the sandbox.
Now open the directory in WinCvs and select all files you want to
include. Add and commit.

/Bo

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:42:33 +0000 (UTC), Jane Fothergill
<jane at northern-atlas.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the $Log$ answer.  Will try it out once I can get cvs working
>again *coff*.
>
>I've managed to create a module, which I don't really want.  How can I get
>rid of it?
>
>this all started because I wanted to add a new sublevel directory, i.e.
>
>source
>|_ app01
>	|_ btn
>	|_ img
>	|_ wwwroot (* new directory *)
>
>when I tried to do an add for the directory wwwroot then I get
>
>D:\working\source\fluidnetwork\copy from server\apps\app01>cvs add wwwroot
>cvs add: in directory .:
>cvs [add aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first
>
>but there won't be a version there, cos it isn't created yet.
>
>So, I decided to do a restructure and start again, but I imported the wrong
>set of code, so I want to delete the new cvs module entirely.  And if I try
>to delete a directory from the code, then it again whinges about there being
>no version (as the cvs sub directory got deleted too).
>
>Any clues at all?
>Cheers
>Jane

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)