[Cvsnt] CVS NT pserver, command line error

Jens Scheidtmann scheidtm at mx.uni-saarland.de
Fri Jan 11 08:35:36 GMT 2002

Hallo Joachim,

I have got a similar problem when I try to access the server from a
different computer (a linux machine).

wether I use

cvs -d:pserver:jens at pcmaier26:/d//cvsroot login
cvs -d:pserver:ritter at pcmaier26:/d//cvsroot login

both give:

jens: no such user
ritter: no such user

where "jens" is an entry in CVSROOT/passwd aliased to "ritter"
(passwd generated with the generator) and "ritter" exists as a local
account (as opposed to a "domain" account).

Server is CVS NT Service 1.11.1.2 (Build 41) on W2K
Client is cvs 1.10.7 (Debian Linux cvs 1.10.7-7)

Joachim Achtzehnter wrote:

> tao zhong wrote:
> >
> > zuth: no such user
>
> This message is probably your answer. Does the user account zuth exist on
> the server? Every CVS user must either exist as an NT user or must be
> aliased to an existing user.
>
> Joachim
>
> --
> work:     joachima at netacquire.com   (http://www.netacquire.com)