[Cvsnt] question on cvsnt in ntserver mode

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Thu Jan 10 10:02:24 GMT 2002

falak ahmed wrote:

> Hello All,
> I have these problems.I am running cvsnt1.11.1.2 in ntserver mode.
>
> 1>I want to restrict access to only a group of people in this mode. They
> all
> belong to one domain. There are people in that domain who should not have
> access to this rep.How do I manage this. Does anyone have a solution.

Just set the file permissions in the repository.

> 2>Please suggest how do I implement locking if all the clients are WinCVS
> 1.2. I want only one person to work on a file at a time.( There are too
> many
> checkin cconflicts that I had to manage lately ).

If that is your goal then CVS is probably not the source control tool
that you should be using - it is fundamentally a shared system.  Maybe
PVCS would be a better tool.  'cvs edit' is useful but still requires a
degree of cooperation from the developers.

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv