[Cvsnt] cvswrappers *.* -k 'b'

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Tue Jan 15 05:20:36 GMT 2002

Yes, TortoiseCVS is great. But there is potential for so much more, so
I'd be suprised if somebody hasn't started selling something like it.
For example, it would be cool to have TortoiseCVS detect when you move a
file within your sandbox and have it send a proper sequence of CVS
commands to the server. Similarly, hiding all the "CVS" directories
automatically would be cool, as well as better diff support...

Anyway, My boss and coworkers are not going to accept version control
that isn't similar to the "copy it to the shared folder on the server"
approach that we are using now. They are mostly content with saving a
backup copy of the file with a different name. Also, I don't want to
leave them with a system that is not supported (we don't write C or C++
code at all, so it is not reasonable to expect them to maintain my patch
after I leave).

AFAIK, there is no way to save as text by default; it isn't in such an
obscure location but it is more obscure than the regular "save" command.

Thanks,
Brian