[Cvsnt] cvsNT and Win .NET beta 3

Tom Kufeldt Tom.Kufeldt at veritas.com
Thu Jan 17 20:03:46 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've set up build 41 of cvsnt on a system running beta 3 of Windows .NET
Enterprise Server.  I have been attempting to import a source tree but have
been unsuccessful to date.  The attempts fail with an error about not being
able to open rcsinfo.  I had previously been running the build 41 under
Win2k on the same machine without any problems.

I have noticed that the read-only attribute is set on the admin files in
CVSROOT.  I can check out CVSROOT, make changes and submit the changes with
no problem in the current configuration.

Any ideas?

Error message:
\>cvs import foo jkl start asdf
cvs import: cannot open f:\cvsnt/CVSROOT/rcsinfo: Permission denied

cvs version info:
\>cvs -d :ntserver:vxbld:f:\cvsnt ver
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) NT 1.11.1.2 (Build 41)
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) NT 1.11.1.2 (Build 41)
(client/server)