[Cvsnt] Recursive edit - again

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Fri Jan 18 17:55:18 GMT 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:52:39 +0000 (UTC), "Bill Rust"
<brust at symyx.com> wrote:

>I fixed this by removing the directory information from the file-spec in ex=
>pand_wild() before attempting to find the file.  I sent you a diff file wit=
>h my changes, but it sounds like you had problems with my fix.  I have not =
>noticed any negative side-effects from the change, so I'm curious what bugs=
> my patch introduced.

expand_wild is called from many places.  Your patch removed the
directory information, which breaks the initial calls in the functions
where you invoke cvs from a directory outside the repository.
expand_wild has very defined semantics - it's supposed to replicate
the unix shell expansion.  Changing it would mean a lot of changes to
the rest of cvs.