[Cvsnt] suspiciuos

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Fri Jan 18 22:43:37 GMT 2002

Richard Wirth wrote:

> Hello Tony,
>
> I have just buld cvs.exe using the current (today) sources and I got
> an intresting output when I do an update:
> CVSROOT: cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs (password authentication)
> cvs -z9 update -P (in directory K:\cvs\cvs_nt\cvsnt\)
> cvs update: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

If you're using the cvs tree you'll have to use -d to get the new directories

as I've changed quite a bit recently.  Also it doesn't use .cvspass any
more so you'll have to redo the login.

The authentication specific stuff is now in separate DLLs which you'll
have to put wherever the cvs.exe is.  At the moment I've only done
pserver and ntserver, though.  It's not particularly well tested,
either...  I'm not doing another beta until all the protocols in the
last beta are ported (gserver is still missing), plus possibly an active
directory one (which I can do now since it won't create dependencies on
Win2k in the main cvs exe).

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv