[Cvsnt] Adding commiting username in loginfo mail

Richard Farthing keynet at london.com
Wed Jan 23 17:56:24 GMT 2002

Hi,

I do something very similar, and my command is:

DEFAULT perl -S cvs_loginfo_html_email.pl "%{sVv}" "$USER"

and this works.  But I had to hack the email script with some
code I found on the Net to make it it do the user email address
lookup, because as you say, CVS won't get it from the USERS file
and present it to the script as a parameter.  So you get a mail
with the CVS user as the "from", and his real email address <in
brackets> for any replies.  I integrated it with a script called
"subscribe me" that allows users to self-subscribe and
unsubscribe to notifications. Let me know if you want my
modified files,

regards
Richard