[Cvsnt] Problem using vaj2cvs with CVSNT

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Jan 23 21:45:23 GMT 2002

Michael Brand wrote:

> I have recently been working with the author of vaj2cvs (an tool for
> integrating the Visual Age for Java product with a cvs repository).  The
> vaj2cvs client is running on a Windows2000 platform and the cvs repository
> is set up using cvsnt also on a Windows2000 platform.  The default
> installation of vaj2cvs failed because of what now appears to be a cvsnt
> error.
>
> The issue is related to the mod-time parameter.  Vaj2cvs is configured to
> identify the mod-time field as an "Valid_response" attribute.  When a
> subsequent checkout or update request is sent to cvsnt the conversation
> appears to work correctly, except the updated or checkedout files are not
> returned to the client.  "mod-time" is the first response expected so it
> appears that the mod-time functions are failing and causing the rest of the
> file transfer to be aborted.  If the mod-time attribute is removed from the
> "Valid_response" list cvsnt performs as expected.

This is definately a Vaj2cvs problem.  I haven't changed any parts of
the client/server protocol because it would break compatibility with
Unix clients.  The Unix server will not return a modification time in
all cases (not sure in what circumstances, but the code does return
silently if the RCS functions don't return a time) - the
'Valid_response' only identifies a willingness to handle the response -
it does not mandate it.  File attribute responses can occur in any
order, or not occur, depending on what the server decides to do.

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv