[Cvsnt] CVSNT authentication tests

Marcus Picasso marcus.picasso at miotec.fi
Sun Jan 27 09:40:40 GMT 2002

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote in message
news:3C5351AE.4090205 at nothing-on.tv...
> Bo Berglund wrote:
>
> > 3. Why is the CVSNT service not started if I disable the listening on
> > the TCPIP port in the control panel applet? I thought that it was
> > possible to have CVSNT *only* accept calls via ntserver by unchecking
> > this setting....
>
> It should be, but I suspect there's a bug.
>
> Tony

Hi, just for your information: I think I've located this bug, as I reported
earlier (see below)!

3) Had a quick look at the code, and am wondering:
In Service.cpp, line 370- there is:
        if(!g_Sockets.size())
        {
                ReportError(TRUE,"All socket binds failed.");
                if(!g_bTestMode)
                        NotifySCM(SERVICE_STOPPED,0,1);
                return;
        }
Why is this checked here, and not inside the if(AuthServer) clause? I don't
seem to run AuthServer, so isn't the g_Sockets gonna be empty at this stage,
causing the server to exit always?

Regards,
-Marcus.