[Cvsnt] Debug the subprocess on win2k

Jiang Benjamin jbenjimin at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:13:41 GMT 2002

Hi, All, I am a new player here, but I finally figured out how to debug the
cvs subprocess spawned by cvsservice.exe.

I added a DebugBreak() call in the main() in cvsnt project. Then when
cvsservice spawned a new process with cvs.exe running in it. Windows would
tell you that a breakpoint had been reached and asked you if you want to
debug. You can choose to debug and bring up a new VC to debug...

I tried this before I installed Visual Studio 6 SP 5 and I wouldn't be able
to debug. I guess the problem might be because VC would print something to
the stdout/stderr. This would be sent back to the client via the socket and
caused the client misunderstood. My cvs client would think the
authentication is PVCS version manager. I had no idea how the cvs client got
that.

Anyway, after installed Visual Studio 6 SP 5, I can debug the subprocess.
The bad thing is everytime a VC IDE will be brought up and you have to put
the breakpoint again and again. I may be able to save these setting
somewhere.

BTW: I am on Win2k Pro SP2.

cheers

Ben.