[Cvsnt] pserver problem

Bernard Niset bn at smartobjects.be
Wed Jan 30 19:32:33 GMT 2002

I can see by following the mailing list that many people have the same
problem as I have :-).

Now I have created a special user on the machine. That user will be there
only for cvs access. Now I have something like this in my passwd file:
bernard:<crypted password>:thecvsuser

I intend to make every cvs user use the real user 'thecvsuser'. My config
file has still the SystemAuth set to no.

The weird thing is: it still doesn't work, unless I leave the crypted
password field empty.

Would it only be a problem with the generated password. I note that pwdgen
is not included in the distribution anymore, could it be that this program
is making the problem?

Bernard Niset
bn at smartobjects.be

SmartObjects.be sprl