[Cvsnt] WinCVS 1.2 diff problem after cvsnt upgrade to 1.11.1

Jones, David G DavidG.Jones at gbr.xerox.com
Mon Jul 1 17:35:31 BST 2002

I've had a similar problem and I did send an email about it to the list but
I fear it may never have arrived.  My apologies, therefore, if it does turn
up as I'm going to repeat the problem.  I've already metioned the problem on
the cvsgui mailing list, as I think the solution may lie somewhere between
the two programs.

I'm running WinCVS 1.3b7, and cvsnt 1.11.1.3 b57d on Windows 2000 client and
NT4 server over ntserver, sspi and occasionally pserver protocols (I'm NOT
using ssh).  The problem has been occuring since (I think) I upgraded to
cvsnt 1.11.1.3 b57c or b57d but I can't be totally sure.  What happens is:

I select a file in winCVS to diff and sometimes the cvs cmd window never
closes (i.e. cvsnt never returns).  To close the window I click the red stop
button on the winCVS toolbar and my external diff program returns with all
the correct diffs highlighted as well as one extra.  The extra one being the
last line of the file, to which the letters 'ok' have been appended.

This is not too much of a problem when you're just diffing from the browser
window, but when you diff from the commit window the only way to stop the
process is to X the cmd window and this generally leaves a dead process on
the server and the user is unable to commit the file.