[Cvsnt] using CVSNT for large binaries

Koch Marc EXT Marc.Koch.extern at icn.siemens.de
Tue Jul 2 10:42:26 BST 2002

Dear C=E9dric,

we use CVS with large binaries as well. When you have a chance
of writing the binary in ASCII text then you have a chance to
profit from CVS storage methods.

When the binary is a picture, let=B4s say a JPEG, then there is
no chance because all versions are stored in one single file
with a header containing version information.

To improve performance with binaries I highly recommend to use
CVS in pserver mode on a server with fast harddisks and a RAID array.

Best regards,

Marc

MK Technologies
Kirchenstr.8