[Cvsnt] CVS admin group

Egil Helland egil at egil.net
Mon Jul 8 12:16:15 BST 2002

On Monday, July 8, 2002, at 11:53 AM, John Hall wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded from cvsnt 1.10.8 to 1.11.1.3 (57f). The only
> problem I have is when I try to do cvs admin, I get:
>
> cvs [server aborted]: usage is restricted to repository administrators
>
> I remember reading somewhere that you now need to define a group of cvs
> administrators. The cvs server is running on a Windows 2000 domain
> controller and is set to use domain users rather than local. I created
> a security group called CVSAdmin, but it still won't allow me to use
> cvs admin.
>
> There doesn't seem to be any documentation that I can find about this.

IIRC, you have to be a member of the Administrators group in your domain
in order to get correct authentication as administrator. Like a lot of
other things with cvsnt, its poorly documented, got to agree with you on
that... If I get some time in the near future, I might sit down and put
together a cvsnt/wincvs doc site. Its needed for sure. Bo Berglund has
put out some docs on getting cvsnt up and running, you find the link at
http://www.cvsnt.org, its worth checking out but does not cover this
either.

Regards,

Egil

--
egil helland / it consultant (mcse, web technology)
web: ikon.as / egil.net