[Cvsnt] CVS admin group

John Hall John.Hall at optionexist.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 14:36:17 BST 2002

On 08 July 2002 13:04, Egil Helland <egil at egil.net> wrote,

> >> IIRC, you have to be a member of the Administrators group in your
> >> domain in order to get correct authentication as administrator.
> >> Like a lot of other things with cvsnt, its poorly documented, got
> >> to agree with you on that...

> > I'm a member of the Domain Administrators group, which makes me an
> > administrator on all machines in the domain.

> I know. But by default only the administrator account is member of the
> Administrators group in the /Builtin container in you AD structure. If
> you are not a member of this one, tough luck in cvsnt. Dont know if
> this is because its hardcoded against the Administrators group or what
> in the cvsnt code.

On my machine the Domain Administrators group is a member of the
Administrators group in the /Builtin container. I am the sysadmin, so I
can make myself a member of whatever group I want :).

I was going to check the sourcecode to find out what was going on, but
the cvsweb access on cvsnt.org seems to be broken. I will download the
source properly and have a look.

Regards,
John Hall