[Cvsnt] CVS admin group

Gavin Kinsey gavin.kinsey at accutest.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 16:12:21 BST 2002

>> IIRC, you have to be a member of the Administrators group in
>> your domain
>> in order to get correct authentication as administrator.
>
>You could also create a file called "admin" in the $CVSROOT\CVSROOT
>directory and put the usernames of the users that should be permitted
>to use cvs admin in it.

Are you sure about this, I can not get it to work.  I have SystemAuth=Yes
and created the admin file with my username on the first line followed by a
blank line.  WinCVS still tells me "cvs [admin aborted]: usage is restricted
to repository administrators".  I've tried various formats, names, and even
restarted the server once in case the service only checked for the file but
can't get it to work.

This is the only option for me as our IT dept will not give me Admin
priviliges on the server.

--
Gavin Kinsey
Accutest Ltd.

Phone:  +44 (0)24 7643 0404
Mobile: +44 (0)77 1878 5576
Fax:    +44 (0)24 7643 0406
Email:  gavin.kinsey at accutest.co.uk
WWW:    http://www.accutest.co.uk/

The information in this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you are
not an intended recipient of this message, any disclosure, copying or
distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. You should destroy this
message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Accutest cannot accept
liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own.
Accutest does not guarantee that any attachments are free from viruses or
other defects and accepts no liability for any losses resulting from
infected email transmissions.