[Cvsnt] How to commit a change to multiple branches

Issberner, Sven 3767 S-PP-RD-E3 Sven.Issberner at de.heidelberg.com
Tue Jul 9 07:48:39 BST 2002

Hi,

I have a module with multiple branches that will
never be merged. Now I have to change one file and
want that change to take affect on all branches.
How can I achieve this ?

Here is what I tried :

	1. changed to the trunk
	2. committed the change to the trunk
	3. tried to commit from the trunk to another branch
	   using the following command :
		cvs commit -f -m "no message" -rBRANCH file.txt

but I got the error message from the server :

cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `file.txt'
cvs commit: warning: unrecognized response `4' from cvs server
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
cvs [commit aborted]: reading from server: error -1

My CVS configuration is:

	- WinCvs 1.3.8.1 Beta 8 (Build 1)
	- CVSNT 1.11.1.3  (Build 57a) on the client
	- CVSNT 1.11.1.3  (Build 57) on the server

Regards,
Sven