[Cvsnt] Is it possible to run CVS server on Windows 2000 Server ?

Egil Helland egil at egil.net
Wed Jul 10 22:28:19 BST 2002

On Tuesday, July 9, 2002, at 07:22 PM, Greg J. Lee wrote:

> I have had CVS server running on Windows NT Server 4.0
> for about 3 months. Now, I have just installed Windows 2000
> Server on my server PC. Is it possible to run CVS server on
> Windows 2000 Server ?
>
> Actually, I failed to install CVS server on the new Windows
> 2000 Server platform yesterday night. I'd like to know if it is
> possible or not at this time.

It sure works, and it works fine too :).

What kind of a server is this? Standalone, member server or domain
controller? All should work, but you might have to fiddle some with
appointing new users. Be sure to read Bo Berglunds excellent doc on
installing a server from scratch at
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html

Regards,

Egil

--
egil helland / it consultant (mcse, web technology)
web: ikon.as / egil.net