[Cvsnt] Logging on

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jul 16 08:01:22 BST 2002

If you installed CVSNT according to my step-by-step guide then the
cvsroot (connection string) should be as follows:

  :pserver:administrator at fileserver:/test

because you have set the repository prefix to d:/cvsrepo, this part
should then never be added from the client side.

Test from the command line on the client PC as foloows:

set cvsroot=:pserver:administrator at fileserver:/test
cvs login
<enter password>
cvs ls -l

Now you should get a list of the modules on the server (basically only
one so far, namely the admin module CVSROOT)

/Bo

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:40:53 +0000 (UTC), agiacom at bellatlantic.net
("Al Giacomucci") wrote:

>--
>We have installed Cvsnt on an NT server.  I am able to access Cvsnt through
>several clients ... Java, WinCVS.  But I am unable to login using the
>Windows CVS client ...  which is the client I really need.  The script goes
>something like this:
>
>C: cvs> cvs.exe -d  :pserver:administrator at fileserver:2401/d:/cvsrepo/test
>login
>Logging in to :pserver:administrator at fileserver:2401/d:/cvsrepo/test
>CVS password
>        <enter password>
>/d:/cvsrepo/test: no such repository
>
>Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong?
>
>I also set HOME=C:  but to no avail.
>
>Thanks.
>--

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)